Friday, July 19, 2013

Looking Out

It seems so ironic.  We wait all winter long, tucked inside looking out the window, wishing for warm weather, green grass, light breezes and sunny skies.  Here we are in the middle of summer and as I look out the window, I see green grass and sunny skies, but the light breezes have turned into stillness and the warm weather has turned into a stifling wall of heat.  Sadly, just as I do in the winter, I'm inside looking out the window, wishing I could go outside and play.  How is it that we have such extremes in temperature that we find ourselves inside with either the furnace or the air conditioning running for what feels like nine months of the year?  I'm waiting impatiently for the weather to break again so I can open the windows, walk through the green grass, enjoy the sunny skies and feel the light breezes on my skin.  Summer is at its height and I'm oh, so ready to bask in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.