Thursday, July 18, 2013

Tomato Time

Lately, I've been thinking of those fun lyrics, "I say tomayto, you say tomahto."  It's tomato time once again in Wisconsin.  I was thrilled last Saturday to purchase my first juicy, red tomatoes from our farmer's market.  These are the real thing.  They are red and ripe and juicy and flavorful, unlike the tomatoes that travel many miles to reach us in the winter, only to be disappointing because the flesh is dry and lacks color.  In celebration of our farmer's market purchase, Larry and I have been eating tomatoes all week, mixed with pasta, sliced into a salad and tucked into sandwiches.  Whether you say tomayto or tomahto, it's tomato time in Wisconsin and all is delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.