Wednesday, December 4, 2013

A Suite Song

The cymbals had been clanging, the horns tooting loudly and the piano was off-key.  Such were the sounds of the clamorous thoughts going on in my head by the end of the day.  Too much sound and not enough melody.  So, it was doubly nice to spend Monday evening at UW-Baraboo/Sauk County in the audience for the UW-BSC Band Concert.  I've been in the R.G. Brown Theatre hundreds of times before and have even sung and danced my way around the stage there, but nothing could have been more welcoming, more relaxing and more enjoyable than to sit front and center in the auditorium Monday night and allow the beautiful music to waft over, around and inside me.  From "Fantasia in G Major" and "Brook Green Suite" to "Watermelon Man" and "In My Neighborhood," the Concert Band and Jazz Band reminded me just how suite, er, sweet life is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.