Thursday, December 12, 2013

Light, Bright

The child in me is thrilled to see holiday outdoor light displays.  There is one particularly charming light display in the neighborhood near our home.  The cottage-style house and yard are decorated brightly, tastefully and joyfully.  The stores in our downtown are also boasting beautiful displays of lights, evergreens, ornaments and more.  They're attractive whether in daylight or in the glow of the evening. Even our condo is taking on holiday cheer these days with a combination of lights, antique ornaments, natural elements and the beloved red felt cardinals that my late mom made.  At this time of year, I dedicate some of my "time to be" to taking the slow, longer route home so I can be mesmerized by holiday displays.  Whether it's been a year of sadness and sorrow or one of joy and jubilation or somewhere in between, I find solace, peace and happiness in the light, the bright that shines in the darkness this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.