Monday, December 23, 2013

Hark!

On Christmas Eve, my good friend Charlene and I are scheduled to sing an a cappella duet at church, called "Hark, Now, O Shepherds," an old Czechoslovakian carol.  I am of Bohemian descent, so the choice of our music felt just right to me.  A couple of weeks ago, Larry and I attended a concert of Christmas music presented by the Madison Brass Band.  They called their concert "Hark."  The word "hark" keeps coming into my sights of late, whether singing "Hark the Herald Angels Sing," holding the Madison Brass Band's concert program in my hand or sharing in an a cappella duet with Charlene.  I sense that there is a message in all of it for me.  According to Merriam-Webster's online dictionary, "hark" means "to pay close attention" and "to listen."  Each day, I wrestle with the messages constantly bombarding my mind, the gotta-dos and the wish-I-hads, but a quiet mind during these last couple of days before Christmas is of increasing importance to me.  Hark! It's time for me to pay close attention and listen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.