Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Time To Walk

I had the luxury of a four-day weekend recently. It seemed as if we always had something going on during those four days.  Despite the hectic schedule, however, I made precious time each day for a long walk.  On Thanksgiving morning, my walk took me into a snow globe.  The fluffy snowflakes twirled and fluttered all around me, melting upon impact.  I just kept walking and walking, for the snow globe was enchanting and I didn't want to leave it.  The next day, Larry and I found ourselves at our beloved Devil's Lake, breathing in the fresh air, joined only by the ducks on the open water.  The park was tranquil, awash in its quiet winter wardrobe of taupe, tan and gray. The following day, I walked to our vibrant downtown, happy to be caught up in all that is dressed in holiday style.  Then by contrast, once again, Larry and I walked at Devil's Lake. All was quiet there, except for the tall grasses whispering in the breeze.  No matter where I walked during those four days, I gave myself the gift of time to exercise, time to think, time to be. What greater gift could I give myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.