Friday, December 6, 2013

Quite Bazaar

I love this time of year, when churches and other groups and organizations hold bazaars featuring one-of-a-kind handcrafted and home-baked items for sale.  I'm not a crafty sort of person, so I find the bazaar experience even more enjoyable because I get to see talents expressed that I simply do not have.  One of my favorite bazaars to attend is hosted by our local hospital's auxiliary. Beautifully hand-sewn and knitted items are sold, as well as mouth-watering baked goods.  This year, several friends and I also attended a first-time mission fair at a downtown church where not only were there locally crafted items, but items, as well, that came from the creative hands of people from around the globe.  Borders are blurred when you look carefully at the beautiful work done by artisans and artists from around the world.  Whether the items benefit a local charitable organization or one on the other side of the globe, it is a joy and privilege to support their efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.