Thursday, December 5, 2013

Butternut, Hubbard and Me

My good friend Kitty knows me so well.  She recognizes that winter squash ranks right up there as one of my favorite foods.  I could -- and have -- made an entire meal of winter squash.  No butter, no brown sugar, no garnish of any kind, just plain winter squash.  So, when she emailed me to invite me to pick up some winter squash from her, I was elated.  It wasn't until I arrived at her house, however, that I realized she had already gone through all of the effort to cook Butternut and Hubbard squash and had frozen small sealed plastic packets of the orange goodness for me, 18 bags in all.  Within a day or two, we had eaten three of the squash bags.  Try as I may to stretch out this generous gift from Kitty, I fear that I'll inhale a bag every day until it's sadly gone.  So, I have to use some restraint. A little bit of self-control on my part will make that mouthwatering gift from Kitty last longer, each spoonful a true blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.